Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Crest of a Wave

Have you ever felt like you were standing at the beginning of something great and momentous? You could just feel it coming, feel it in your bones? This is how I feel lately.
Maybe it is the spirit of the holidays and the anticipation of a New Year and the promises and hope that come along with that, maybe I'm just drunk, but I feel something coming. I've felt it for a while now.
Years ago, when I lived in Charleston, SC, there was a larger hurricane headed straight for us. It was supposed to hit Charleston head-on. We didn't evacuate (as was advised), we stayed and braced ourselves. I hate to admit this, but part of me was quite sad when the hurricane turned at the last minute and didn't hit us head-on.
I am impatient. I can feel a change coming and I am tired of waiting for it. I am tired of the continuously dire warnings of doom. I wish for doom to just come so that we may begin again.
Of course, I don't really wish for doom. I don't want anyone to be hurt, or worse, lives lost. But I am tired of the constant dire predictions, and then life goes on pretty much the same as always.
There is a change coming though. One most people aren't talking about, but a lot of people are. I feel it in my bones, I know that, without a doubt, it will come. I pray for the patience to allow it to come when it may.
I will end this by sending that out into the cosmos: a prayer for patience. A hope that I am ready when the wave breaks. That I am strong yet flexible. I feel it coming and I pray for the patience to allow it to manifest as it should.

No comments: