Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Rude Wake-Up

So, last Wednesday morning, 9/17, I thought I got to sleep in a little. I had heard the boys get up, but they do that often so I wasn't worried. Plus they were playing quietly in their room, so I should've known to worry right them and there, shouldn't I?
I went to get them up, walked in, looked around, and promptly walked out and shut the door. I called Justin and told him to come home and help me with this mess.
I had been painting the day before and left painty brushes in a mason jar with soapy water. I had also confiscated some crayola tempera paints from them the day before, and had left them sitting on the kitchen counter. The boys had gotten both.
They had painted the floor, the walls, the closet door, and themselves. I filled the sink with soapy water and rags. I was able to get the paint off of the floor and mural, then get the boys into the tub by the time Justin got home. He got them dressed in our room and got them breakfast while I finished cleaning up and took a shower.
There were too many photos to show them all here, so follow this link: http://flickr.com/photos/funkymamataney/sets/72157607563779057/
I've started a whole new collection dedicated to "events" like this. Of course, I don't have photos of the super-glue incident, the scissors incident, the medicine bottles they've gotten into (that were in a medicine cabinet almost 6' off of the ground and had kid-proof lids on them), the jelly beans they got off of the TOP of the fridge, or the "giving-the-fish-a-bubble-bath" by pouring bubble bath into the aquarium. I'll try harder from now on to remember to always have the camera handy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! It sounds like you handled this totally well and efficiently.

I think I may have totally lost it!

I am glad that you guys got the stains out.